Auvil Fruit Company, Inc. in Orondo, WA is seeking a qualified individual to become a valuable part of our team as a Quality Lab Technician. The Quality Lab Technician collects and analyzes incoming samples in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Obtains samples from regular and CA rooms
2. Determines overall product quality by conducting and evaluating various product tests and tests related to packaging.
3. Documents results of warm room tests and resolves major quality problems at warehouse and orchard facilities.
4. Evaluates and takes corrective action when necessary with regard to product at all levels of product movement.
5. Provides management with fruit quality reports which include written and verbal opinions and statistical charts indicating internal and surface disorder, if any.
6. Functions as an information source for other departments when critical quality issues arise.
7. Sets and maintains fruit grades under direction of General Manager
8. Monitors fall down and color control
9. Assists coordination of sales, pre-sizing, packing and shipping documents
10. Coordinates with orchard staff and management on fruit quality
11. Participates in industry sponsored conventions and training programs
1. Knowledge of fruit and USDA standards.
2. Ethical Conduct.
• Must have a valid WA Driver's License and reliable transportation
• Must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
• Full-time, 8 to12 hour days
$15.00 per hour or Depending On Experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers